The aim of the course is to explain how ISO/IEC 27701 can extend an information security management system (ISMS) to include requirements for protecting personally identifiable information (PII) and provide a framework for a privacy information management system (PIMS). It also provides guidance for PII controllers and/or PII processors.
A PIMS framework will help to operate and maintain processes for organizations whilst providing assurance to your stakeholders.
- On successful completion of this awareness course, attendees will be able to:
- Understand the benefits of having an effective PIMS in place;
- Understand the content of ISO/IEC 27701, both requirements and guidance and how it improves processing of PII;
- Determine the effectiveness of an organization’s PIMS;
- Understand how the standard maps to the privacy framework and principles in other ISO/IEC standards (e.g., 29100, 27018 and 29151) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation;
- Inspire customer and partner trust;
- Protect an organization’s reputation;
- Inform senior management of the requirements of ISO/IEC 27701 to help them decide the next steps to take.
Working experience in ISO/IEC 27001 and related standards.
This course is suitable for anyone involved in planning, implementing, maintaining or supervising an ISO/IEC 27701 PIMS.
All our public courses can also be delivered in-house at your premises either as standard or tailored depending on the needs and requirements of your business.
To find out which training courses we offer in your country, click on "Find a local course", select your country and navigate to Information security and service; or Contact us if you are interested or want to know more on in-house courses.