Assurance in rail
How can we help you?Request information
Know what you need?Request quote
Reduce risk and uncertainty by addressing gaps in regulatory compliance, best-practices and cross-business standards for rail assets.
Design, construction, safe integration and commissioning of rail systems require integrated compliance and risk-based approaches to address regulatory demands and safety risks. This continues to be essential during operation and maintenance. When rail stakeholders embrace technical and operational changes, that impact on systems and the safety of end users must be evaluated and assessed. Whilst innovative solutions emerge and rail assets become both physical and digital, assessment of cybersecurity risks becomes paramount.
DNV can partner with you to:
- Reduce risk and uncertainty for all your rail assets (infrastructure, energy, rolling stock, control, command & signaling):
- Conformity assessment railway subsystems and safe integration.
- Rail assets 2nd and 3rd party assessments.
- Independent safety assessments.
- Independent checking engineer/independent certifier role.
- Independent verification and validation (IV&V) of major railway projects (greenfield and renewals).
- Product and critical process certification.
- Certification of rail stakeholders’ safety management systems for railway undertakings (RU’s), Infrastructure Managers (IM’s) and other stakeholders
- Independent design reviews
- Railway product inspection at system, subsystem and component level
- Certification of critical processes (like welding)
BenefitsThe right support provides any company with a starting point or a benchmark to develop robust solutions to ensure efficiency. Leveraging upon the knowledge provided by DNV equips companies with a solid toolkit based on domain expertise and best-in-class use of technologies to focus their efforts and attain consistent and measurable levels of safety in rail transportation.
Why partner with DNV?
DNV experts combine rail domain knowledge with extensive safety management system expertise. As an independent, third-party trusted voice, we can help you throughout the rail journey, from compliance and risk assessments to certification.
From safety to cyber security, from regulatory compliance to innovation, we can help you reduce risks, improve rail asset performance and decision making while introducing sound innovations for green growth.