The NDT Ultrasonic Thickness Measurement training course will provide theory lectures and practical training to provide the candidate with a full understanding of Ultrasonic Thickness Measurement principles and its actual applications. The course will encourage group discussions around practical problems and provide field expertise on how to resolve them. At the end of this course, the candidate will understand how to use Ultrasonic Thickness measurement principles & gage for various applications use. The course will cover -
- Basic principles on Ultrasonic Thickness Measurement.
- Ultrasonic Transducers
- Calibration of Thickness Gage
- Special conditions
- Typical Applications
How will you and your company benefit from this course?Qualified to set up and calibrate Ultrasonic equipment and interpret and evaluate results as per applicable codes, standards and specifications. Should be familiar with technique scope and limitations of the methods for which is qualified.
What we will coverUltrasonic Thickness Measurement (UTM) methods – Theory and Practical Duration : 24 Hours(3 DAYS) with following topics for each day Day 1
- Introduction to Ultrasonic Thickness Gaging
- Ultrasonic Transducers for Thickness Gaging
- Mode of Measurement
- Calibration of Thickness gage
- Gage Set-up Consideration
- Factors Affecting Measurement
- Special Conditions
- Typical Applications
Who Should Attend
- High school Grade(12) or equivalent and min. work experience of 70 Hours
- Diploma Engineer or equivalent and min. work experience of 70 Hours
- Degree Engineer and experience is not mandatory.
- Theory and practical will taught by certified ASNT L-III
- Course is structured according to SNT-TC-1A
- This course consists of modules that include both classroom lectures and handout training.
- Course materials include visual aids and student handouts.
- A certificate will be issued upon successful performance of the examination
- The Candidate should have a minimum of High-school level education.
- Near vision Acuity and Color Contrast Differentiation should be performed annually (Section 8.2 of SNT- TC-1A, 2009).
- The examination will be in accordance with ASNT Std. SNT-TC-1A by ASNT Level III Professional.
- Candidates are encouraged to bring an electronic calculator. Programmable calculators are permitted as long as it does not have an alphanumeric keyboard. No other books, paper, or charts will be allowed.
- Candidates are permitted to use a translation dictionary. No electronic dictionaries will be allowed.
NoteCourse syllabus may get change and/or modified to cover all necessary aspects of the technique if deem necessary; We can tailor the NDT training syllabus to satisfy the requirements of an individual Company’s specific written practice if requested; Company may need to arrange NDT equipment for practical training. Duration: 3 days Price: Not Announced Language: English
For a downloadable copy of the registration form, please click on the link below for Training booking Form. The completed form can then be sent to us by fax (+971 4 3559433) / email (BusinessAssurance.ME@dnv.com). For a downloadable copy of the training calendar, click on link Training Calendar below.
Terms and Conditions
- Upon receiving a completed booking form by fax/email, a place is reserved for the delegate/s on a first come first serve basis and course confirmations will be sent closer to the date of the course or when a course is confirmed.
- A course is confirmed only when we have received sufficient enrollments to conduct a viable course to ensure active participation from students.
- If you have not received joining instructions at least 5 days prior to the course, please contact us by email or phone.
- Cancellations must be given in writing. In the event that cancellation is received 2 weeks or less prior to the course, 50% of the course fee will be levied. For ‘No-shows’ on the course, the full course fee will be levied.
- For delegates requiring accommodation, DNV has corporate rates. Bookings should be made directly with the hotel, quoting the DNV course reference. Delegates must settle hotel accounts themselves.
- Delegates cannot bring any claim or legal action against DNV relating to participation in the course or from knowledge obtained during the course. The use of the information or documentation obtained during the course shall be at the user’s sole risk.