The NDT Radiography Testing (RT) Testing Level I training course will provide theory lectures and practical training to provide the candidate with a preliminary understanding of Radiography Testing. The course will encourage group discussions around practical problems and provide field expertise on how to resolve them. At the end of this course, the candidate will understand how to perform an inspection of samples for Radiography Testing. The course will cover
- Basic principles on Radiography Testing.
- Inspection and measurement of samples.
- Familiar with the scope and limitation of the method
- Introduction to ASTM and ASME standards and specifications.
How will you and your company benefit from this course?Qualified to properly perform specific calibrations, specific NDT, specific evaluations for acceptance or rejection determinations according to written instruction and to record results. A NDT Level I personnel should receive necessary instruction and supervision from a certified NDT Level II or III individual.
What we will coverRadiography Testing (RT) methods – Theory and Practical Duration : 40 Hours Day 1
- Manufacturing / Casting / Forging / Welding Process
- Discontinuities: Inherent, Processing and Service
- Fundamentals of RT
- Properties and production of X-rays and Gamma Rays
- Basic Radiographic Principles
- Radiographic Image Quality
- Film handling, loading and processing
- Exposure Techniques
- Radiographs interpretations
- Codes of practice and standards
- Conducting and recording test results
- Safety Precautions
- Test Procedure
- Practical training
- Practical Training continue
- Examinations meeting SNT-TC-1A
- Who Should Attend:
- High school Grade(12) or equivalent and min. work experience of 70 Hours
- Diploma Engineer or equivalent and min. work experience of 70 Hours
- Degree Engineer and experience is not mandatory.
- Theory and practical will taught by certified ASNT L-III
- Course is structured according to SNT-TC-1A
- This course consists of modules that include both classroom lectures and handout training.
- Course materials include visual aids and student handouts.
- A certificate will be issued upon successful performance of the examination
- The Candidate should have a minimum of High-school level education.
- Near vision Acuity and Color Contrast Differentiation should be performed annually (Section 8.2 of SNT- TC-1A, 2009).
- The examination will be in accordance with ASNT Std. SNT-TC-1A by ASNT Level III Professional.
- Candidates are encouraged to bring an electronic calculator. Programmable calculators are permitted as long as it does not have an alphanumeric keyboard. No other books, paper, or charts will be allowed.
- Candidates are permitted to use a translation dictionary. No electronic dictionaries will be allowed.
- Course syllabus may get change and/or modified to cover all necessary aspects of the technique if deem necessary;
- We can tailor the NDT training syllabus to satisfy the requirements of an individual Company’s specific written practice if requested;
- Company may need to arrange NDT equipment for practical training.
For a downloadable copy of the registration form, please click on the link below for Training booking Form. The completed form can then be sent to us by fax (+971 4 3559433) / email (BusinessAssurance.ME@dnv.com). For a downloadable copy of the training calendar, click on link Training Calendar below.
Terms and Conditions
- Upon receiving a completed booking form by fax/email, a place is reserved for the delegate/s on a first come first serve basis and course confirmations will be sent closer to the date of the course or when a course is confirmed.
- A course is confirmed only when we have received sufficient enrollments to conduct a viable course to ensure active participation from students.
- If you have not received joining instructions at least 5 days prior to the course, please contact us by email or phone.
- Cancellations must be given in writing. In the event that cancellation is received 2 weeks or less prior to the course, 50% of the course fee will be levied. For ‘No-shows’ on the course, the full course fee will be levied.
- For delegates requiring accommodation, DNV has corporate rates. Bookings should be made directly with the hotel, quoting the DNV course reference. Delegates must settle hotel accounts themselves.
- Delegates cannot bring any claim or legal action against DNV relating to participation in the course or from knowledge obtained during the course. The use of the information or documentation obtained during the course shall be at the user’s sole risk.